IMSU Pre-degree Application for 2016/2017 Session Has Commenced
Applications are invited from Qualified candidates for admission into one year Extra-mural and pre-degree programme of Imo state university,owerri for the 2016/2017 Academic session.
(a). Extra-mural programme who deficiencies in their O’level exams and seeking remedy examination conducted by accredited public examination bodies like WAEC,NECO and NABTEB or UTME conducted by JAMB. Subjects covered in the programme, include: English Language, Mathematics, Physics,Chemistry,Biology,Government,Literature-In-English,Igbo,Christian Religious Knowledge, Economics, Geography, Agricultural sciences, Computer science, french, History, commerce and principles of Accounts.
Candidates will be required to register on their own with the public examination body of their choice.
(b). The Pre-degree Programme is for candidates who already possesses university admission requirements and seek to undergo a year pre-degree study preparatory for subsequent admission into the 100Level Degree Programme of the Imo State University. The programme will be available in the Sciences, Business, Social sciences, Computer sciences, Humanities,Education, Engineering, Law, Medicine and Health sciences.
1. Candidate for Extra- Mural studies must have attempted SSCE/NABTEB with evidence of the subject failed for which remedy is sought.
2. Candidates for Pre-Degree must possess at least (5) Credit passes at not more than two sittings at the SSCE or GCE (WAEC/NECO/NABTEB) or equivalent qualifications. For the sciences, Engineering, Health sciences, Business, Social Science, Law and Education, the five credit include English Language and Mathematics. For Medicine, only one sitting is allowed at the SSCE,GCE,NECO,NABTAB or equivalent qualifications.
3. Pre-degree Candidates are required to take and pass the 2017 JAMB UTME with a pass mark.
4. Candidates should make IMSU their first choice if University in the UTME in their application forms.
5. For a candidate to have a space in the University, he/she must score a minimum of 50% in the First and Second semester exams of the CENTER in addition to the JAMB UTME pass mark
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Candidates are to purchase the Scratch card at the cost of Six thousand, Five Hundred (#6,500) only at any Zenith Bank nearest to him/her or Imsu micro-finance Bank.
Candidates should upload the necessary information on the University website www.Imsu.edu.ng and return all completed forms to the Secretary, Center for Extra-Mural and pre-degree studies(CEPS), Imo State University, Owerri.