Applications are invited from qualified candidates for admission to the Niger Delta University (NDU), Basic Studies for the Sciences and Arts for the 2016/2017 Academic Session.
The programme is designed to improve the performance of Secondary School Leavers in the UTME and equivalent examinations. It should be noted that preference will be given to candidates of the programme in the University Admission process.
Available Faculty and Courses:
1) Faculty of Agriculture
Department of: Economics, Extension and Rural Sociology, Crop and Soil Science, Fisheries and Aquatic Studies, Animal Science.
2) Faculty of Arts
Department of: English and Literary Studies, History and Diplomacy, Theatre Arts, Philosophy, Religious Studies.
3) Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences
Department of: Bio-Chemistry, Medicine, Medical Laboratory Science,
4) Faculty of Education
Department of: Teacher Education, Educational Foundations, Vocational /Industrial Technology.
5) Faculty of Engineering
Department of: Agricultural/ Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering /Hydrology, Electrical/ Electronics Engineering, Mechanical /Marine Engineering, Petroleum Engineering.
6) Faculty of Law
Department of: Law.
7) Faculty of Management Sciences
Department of: Finance and Accountancy, Banking and Finance, Accountancy, Insurance, Business Administration Management, Marketing, Office Information Management.
8) Faculty of Nursing
Department of: Nursing.
9) Faculty of Pharmacy
Department of: Pharmacy.
10) Faculty of Science
Department of: Biological Science, Geology.
11) Faculty of Social Sciences
Department of: Economics, Geography /Environmental Management, Political Science, Sociology.
Applicants must have Five (5) O’ Levels Credit relevant to the proposed course of study, including English Language.
Admission is open to candidate that are awaiting the release of the most recent WAEC and NECO School Certificate Examination results as well as those who have attempted and are still preparing to resit the exams.
Method of Application
- Candidates are to buy the One Year Basic Programme Authorisation ePin from any Branch of Diamond Bank Plc nationwide for N5,000.00 only. You should use your GSM Phone number as the Buyer ID,
- Visit the NDU Basic Studies application portal on http://basic.ndu.edu.ng and follow the instructions on the wizard,
- Ensure you provide two valid and working GSM Phone numbers. You will be contacted through these numbers,
- Ensure you cross check and preview the information filled in,
- Print out the completed application form.
Note: Admission to Degree Programme in the University will also depend on candidates’ performance in the current JAMB/UTME. The programme is Once (1) Academic Year (2016/2017).
The application closes August 31st, 2016.