17 Chief Executives in Education Ministry Fired.
The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari, has approved the sacking of chief executives of 17 parastatals and agencies under the country’s Ministry of Education.
This was contained in a statement issued by the Deputy Director of Press and Public Relations in the Ministry, Ben Bem Goong, who also added that the president approved the appointment of replacements and retained just four Chief Executives.
The affected agencies and the new Chief Executives are:
- National Universities Commission (NUC) – Prof. Abubakar Adamu Rasheed
- Nigerian Institute for Education Planning and Administration ((NIEPA) – Prof. Mrs. Lilian Salami
- Universal Basic Education (UBE) – Dr. Hameed Bobboyi
- National Library of Nigeria – Prof. Lanre Aina
- National Examinations Council (NECO) – Prof. Charles Uwakwe
- National Commission for Mass Literacy, Adult, and Non-Formal Education – Prof. Abba Aladu
- Nomadic Education Commission – Prof. Bashir Usman
- National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB) – Prof. Isioma Isiugo-Abanihe
- Teachers Registration Council of Nigeria (TRCN) – Prof. Sunday Josiah Ajiboye
- Computer Registration Council of Nigeria (CRCN) – Afolabi aderinto
- National Commission for Colleges of Education (NCCE) – Prof. Bappah Aliyu
- Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) – Dr. Abdullahi Bichi Baffa
- National Teachers Institute (NTI) – Prof. Garba Dahuwa Azare
- Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria – Prof. Michael Afolabi
- National Mathematical Centre – Prof. Steven Ejugwu Onah
- Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) – Prof. Ishaq Oloyede
- National Institute of Nigerian Languages – Prof. Chinyere Ohiri-Aniche
Those retained are;
- Nigeria Educational Research & Development Council – Prof. Samaila Junaidu
- Nigerian French Language C\Village (NFLV) – Prof. Rauuf Adebisi
- National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) – Dr. Mas’ud Kazaure
- National Arabic Language Village – Prof. Muhammad Mu’az.
Goong said the appointments were with immediate effect, precisely from Monday, August 01, 2016.