The management of the Ignatius Ajuru University of Education (IAUE), Port-Harcourt has promoted four academic staff of the institution to the rank of Professor while nine others were promoted to the rank of Reader.
A statement signed by the Registrar of the university Barrister Ikem Adiele states that the recommendations for the promotions were approved by the Appointment and Promotions Committee (A & PC) Academic staff Part II of the university and ratified by the Governing Council in a meeting held on Wednesday 25th May, 2016.
The staff promoted to the rank of Professor are:
1. Livinus Ogbondah -Professor of History and Policy Analysis in Education
2. Keziah Achonye – Professor of Educational Technology.
3. Samuel Amaele – Professor of Philosophy of Education
4. Ozioma Ekpete – Professor of Analytical Chemistry
Those promoted to the rank of Reader are:
1. Sunday Ordu -Reader in Guidance and Counselling
2. Robert Ibekwe Okah – Reader in Educational Management and Planning
3. Lawrence Ajoku – Reader in Curriculum Studies
4. Adokiye Adolphus Okujagu – Reader in Curriculum and Instruction in Primary Education
5. Orji Debofori – Reader in Environmental Management
6. Blessing Thom Otuya – Reader in Political Science
7. Mac Afisaa Jaja -Reader in Religious Studies
8. Lysias Dodd Gilbert – Reader in Political Science
9. Ojimba Peter – Reader in Agricultural Economics
The Registrar on behalf of the Acting Vice-Chancellor, Council, University Senate, Management, Staff and Students congratulate these newly promoted scholars for this spectacular achievement and hopes that the university would benefit from their new academic height.