The Federal College of Agriculture, Akure (FECA) invites applications from qualified candidates for admission into full-time and part-time programmes in Remedial, National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND), Certificate and Advanced Diploma Courses in different areas of Agriculture and related disciplines.
(A) REMEDIAL COURSE – 1 Year Programme
This programme is designed to prepare candidates for the ND Programme. Candidates for the programme must hold the WASC or GCE O/level or SSCE/NECO/NABTEB with a minimum of five (5) Passes obtained at not more than two sittings in the following subject: English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Agricultural Science or Biology and other relevant subject.
(B) NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND) & HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND) COURSES
1. HND Animal Production Technology
2. HND Agricultural Extension and Management
3. HND Crop Production Technology
4. HND Horticulture and Landscape Design
5. HND Agricultural And Bio-Environmental Engineering Technology (Farm Power & Machinery)
6. ND Agricultural Technology
7. ND Animal Health and Production Technology
8. ND Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering
9. ND Horticulture and Landscape Design
(A) NATIONAL DIPLOMA (ND)
WASC or GCE O’Level or SSCE / NECO /NABTEB with a minimum of five (5) credit passes obtained at not more than two sittings. The five subjects must include Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science plus three other subjects from Economics, English Language, Geography, Mathematics, Physics or Statistics. Candidates must in addition obtained at least Credit Passes in English Language and Mathematics or Statistics. Five credit passes in NBTE recognized preliminary National Diploma Course offered in a Polytechnic or Similar Post Secondary Institution. The five Credit Passes must be from the subjects specified in (a) above
(B) HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA (HND)
Candidate must have a minimum of lower credit in cognate National Diploma (ND) plus five O’level credits in relevant subject obtained at WASSCE / GCE / NECO / NABTEB. Candidates must also have one year Post ND industrial experience. NCE holders are also eligible for HND Programs
The aforementioned part-time ND and HND courses will run for 6 semesters (3 years) while full – time HND
programme will run for 2 years. All programmes are accredited by NBTE
(C) CERTIFICATE AND ADVANCED DIPLOMA COURSES
1. Certificate Course in Poultry Production and Management
2. Certificate Course in Pig Production and Management
3. Certificate Course in Fish Cage Production
4. Horticulture and Landscape Design
(b) Flower Nursery Establishment and Ornamental Plant Identification
(c) Organic Vegetable Production
(d) Horticultural Plant Propagation (Building, Grafting and Air-layering Techniques)
5. Agricultural and Bio-Environmental Engineering Department
(a) Farm Mechanization
(b) Tractor Operation and Maintenance
(D) OTHER CERTIFICATE COURSES
(I) Certificate Course in Produce and Pest Control Technology
(II) Certificate Course in Statistics and Economic Planning
(III) Certificate Course in Agroclimatology, Climate Change and Biodiversity
(IV) Certificate Course in Project Cycle Management (Planning, Monitoring and Participatory Evaluation).
(V) Certificate Course in Agricultural commodity and value chain development
(VI) Certificate Course in Entrepreneurship development and marketing
(VII) Certificate Course in Forestry Management and Marketing
(VIII) Certificate Course in Gender Studies and Women empowerment
(IX) Certificate Course General Agriculture
(X) Certificate Course Sustainable Cassava Production Enterprise
Certificate Course JSS Cert / SSS Cert; Primary Six Cert. holders may also be considered
DURATION The above-listed courses will run for 1 session (2 Semesters)
(E) ADVANCED CERTIFICATE COURSES
(I) Advanced Certificate Course in Production and Pest Control Technology
(II) Advanced Certificate Course in Agroclimatogoly, Climate and Biodiversity
(III) Advance Certificate Course in Statistics and Economic Planning
(IV) Advance Certificate Course in General Agriculture
JSS Cert / SSS Cert; Primary Six Cert. holders may also be considered
1. Certificate in any Agricultural Science Course
DURATION: 2 Years (4 Semesters)
(F) ADVANCED DIPLOMA COURSES
(I) Advanced Diploma Course in Crop Production and Horticulture
(II) Advanced Diploma Course in Statistics
Advanced Certificate in any agricultural science course or JSS Cert / SSS Cert; Primary Six Cert. holders may also
These course are specifically designed for staff from Produce and Quality Control Department of Ministry of Natural Resources, Extension Officers, Women in Agriculture, ADPs, and degree holders not in Agriculture.
DURATION: 3 YEARS (6 Semesters)
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
- Interested JAMB UTME candidates for ND programs who made the college their choice should visit the college website http://www.feca.edu.ng to apply for post UTME by filling the online form after paying the applicable fee.
- UTME candidates who did not make Federal College of Agriculture their choice can also apply for change of institution through the college.
- All Part Time programs, Remedial and HND applicants should also visit the college website to check the admission requirements.
- All applicants should go through the college portal at http://portal.feca.edu.ng/cportal/web to generate the RRR that they will use to pay either electronically through ATM card, online bank transfer or cash payment at any Union Bank or any other banks with the generated RRR.
- Application fee, HND & Remedial N10,000; All Part Time programs N12,000. Online Application is now open to all prospective applicants.